- Y13 Fieldwork 23 September 2016 - As part of their AQA A Level Geography course, Year 13 visited the sand dunes at Ainsdale on the Sefton coast on 22nd September. They studied the succession of the sand dunes as part of their Ecosystem topic and took a variety of data collection measurements for their GEO4A Geography Fieldwork Investigation.
- Students Celebrate Successful Internships 23 September 2016 - Lots of students spend their time relaxing during the extended Summer break but thanks to Locala, five local Sixth Form students each carried out successful internships with the social enterprise. It’s the third year, Locala – which provides NHS community healthcare services in Kirklees, Calderdale and Bradford – has carried out their Internship Scheme in […]
- St John Fisher becomes a Digital Schoolhouse! 20 September 2016 - St John Fisher has been selected to be one of 19 schools throughout the UK to be a part of the prestigious Digital Schoolhouse Project as it rolls out its national programme. The project is designed to get primary students enthused and engaged by Computer Science and their teachers prepared for delivering this exciting subject […]
- A Very Good Innings 16 September 2016 - Students are bowled over to be having a visit and coaching session from the Vatican’s own cricket team. Members of St Peter’s XI, accompanied by members of Batley’s Mount Cricket Club, joined in the brief visit. The sporting highlights of the Vatican XI’s Yorkshire tour will be playing a Twenty20 match with a multi-faith community […]
- GCSE Results Day 2016 25 August 2016 - GCSE Results Day 2016 Today was a very special day in the lives of many of our senior students, their teachers and parents as the students received their exam results. For most, their hard work was rewarded handsomely. There were some excellent results. A particular highlight being that 76% of all students achieved a higher […]