- Sixth Form triumph in Solicitors debate. 21 October 2016 - A selection of our Sixth Formers were victorious in the Jordan’s Solicitors Debating competition held in Wakefield. The students that were involved were James Sweeney and Zahran Abbas who argued the case of a tariff on sugary drinks, whilst Molly Reid and Catherine Bailey argued the case of whether to allow fracking. Both teams won […]
- Sandy Ainsdale 17 October 2016 - On Friday 14th October, Year 12 visited the sand dunes at Ainsdale as part of their first fieldwork experience toward their A Level Geography. During the day, pupils worked in 3 groups carrying out a transect of the sand dunes looking at the infiltration rate, height and vegetation cover on the sand dune. Brilliant day […]
- Geography in Hornsea 05 October 2016 - On Tuesday 4th October, 81 Year 10 Geography students visited Hornsea as part of their Eduqas Spec B GCSE. They had an excellent day studying the impact of the sea defences in the town. They used a variety of techniques including carrying out two urban transects, traffic count, questionnaires and conducted Environmental Quality Survey. Pupils collected large quantity of good quality […]
- Y13 Fieldwork 23 September 2016 - As part of their AQA A Level Geography course, Year 13 visited the sand dunes at Ainsdale on the Sefton coast on 22nd September. They studied the succession of the sand dunes as part of their Ecosystem topic and took a variety of data collection measurements for their GEO4A Geography Fieldwork Investigation.
- Students Celebrate Successful Internships 23 September 2016 - Lots of students spend their time relaxing during the extended Summer break but thanks to Locala, five local Sixth Form students each carried out successful internships with the social enterprise. It’s the third year, Locala – which provides NHS community healthcare services in Kirklees, Calderdale and Bradford – has carried out their Internship Scheme in […]